[Project_owners] Minutes from mozdev admin meeting on 10/06/03

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 08:27:59 EDT 2003

Minutes from mozdev admin meeting on 10/06/03
(pete, david, cdn and brian)

Abandoned projects

- We need a way to deal with all of the projects that have been
abandoned
- We are considering deleting at least all projects that were created
but never touched
- Pete will look into generating a list based on CVS logs and we can
post that to project owners for comments and then delete

Backups

- No further progress made on automating process
- Backups still being done manually though

Non-profit Status

- Progress on this has stalled lately
- David going to refocus on making this his priority
- David has lots of other regular mozdev tasks though that take up lots
of time and it would be nice to be able to hand off some of these

Admin Tools

- We now have all needed functionality recreated
- There's more work to do but it's lower priority stuff

Spam

- Pete and cdn have been dealing with spam on the user notes and have
done a great job
- There have been some changes made to the user notes system though
that
project owners need to be aware of
- A post has gone out with information and we need to document that in
the online docs as well

Integrated Projects

- There was a recent request to identify the projects on mozdev that
have been incorporated into the Mozilla CVS tree (for example,
spellchecker)
- The short term solution for this is to create a new Integrated
project
category
- The long term solution would be to set up a number of project flags
in
the database
- Brian and David to look into creating the new category page