[Project_owners] help, please

S Woodside sbwoodside at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 13:32:53 EDT 2003

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 09:57 AM, David Boswell wrote:

>> Hi, I asked you to create the new project Camino after the crash, but
>> I have never received CVS access. !!! I can adminster the mailing
> list
>> but not the homepage. Is there a problem? Please help!
>
> we've never had a camino project on the site.  we did have the chimera
> project on the site, but it is no longer being maintained.  we also
> used to host the chimera mailing list, but i believe the discussions
> have been moved somewhere else.

No, they moved to the camino list on mozdev!

of which I am the administrator.

> there is already the existing camino project hosted on mozilla.org so
> we wouldn't create a parallel project on mozdev.  are you maybe
> referring to the chimera mailing list that we used to host?  i guess
> i'm a little confused about your request.

I don't understand, why are you confused? You host the camino mailing
list, check the archives. I'm the list administrator. When mozdev got
hacked, the old chimera list admins were AWOL, so after waiting a
couple of weeks I took the initiative and set up the camino list with
you to replace it. It's been running smoothly ever since. Since the
list is on mozdev, I want to set up the camino.mozdev.org page so it
will point to the list and to the main mozilla.org/projects/camino site.

simon

--
www.simonwoodside.com :: www.openict.net :: www.semacode.org
                     99% Devil, 1% Angel