[Project_owners] SPAM cleanup

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 17:48:04 EDT 2003

 --- Brian King <brian at mozdev.org> wrote:
> Biju G C wrote:
>
> > I have made something to make SPAM cleanup easier
> > Try http://quicktools.mozdev.org/test/test2.html
> > (please keep a backup of *.comments before testing)
>
> Perhaps you could give us instructions on exactly how to use this. For
> example, what are we supposed to be inputting in the left panel?

* Open http://yourproject.mozdev.org/protected/edit.html

* copy contents of
  /usr/local/sandbox/annotate/yourproject/notes.html.comment

* save it to local disk as a backup copy using
  notepad or any text editor

* Then in another window or Tab open
  http://quicktools.mozdev.org/test/test2.html

* paste the contents of *.html.comment file in
  the left input box.

* Then click "Send HTML to Editor" button

* Now all the notes comments should appear on the page

* select the SPAM comment by clicking it.
 (it turns yellow)

* Now click "Clean row Content" button

* It will prompt for delete conformation

* say yes, and the SPAM comment will be blanked

* If you have more SPAM you can scroll the page
  and then select SPAM, and do "Clean"

* After cleaning click "Get Edited HTML" button

* you will get the edited notes comment in
  Right side text box.

* Now copy the edited notes comment to
  http://yourproject.mozdev.org/protected/edit.html
  textarea