[Project_owners] SPAM cleanup
Biju G C
bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 17:48:04 EDT 2003
--- Brian King <brian at mozdev.org> wrote:
> Biju G C wrote:
> > I have made something to make SPAM cleanup easier
> > Try http://quicktools.mozdev.org/test/test2.html
> > (please keep a backup of *.comments before testing)
> Perhaps you could give us instructions on exactly how to use this. For
> example, what are we supposed to be inputting in the left panel?
* Open http://yourproject.mozdev.org/protected/edit.html
* copy contents of
* save it to local disk as a backup copy using
notepad or any text editor
* Then in another window or Tab open
* paste the contents of *.html.comment file in
the left input box.
* Then click "Send HTML to Editor" button
* Now all the notes comments should appear on the page
* select the SPAM comment by clicking it.
(it turns yellow)
* Now click "Clean row Content" button
* It will prompt for delete conformation
* say yes, and the SPAM comment will be blanked
* If you have more SPAM you can scroll the page
and then select SPAM, and do "Clean"
* After cleaning click "Get Edited HTML" button
* you will get the edited notes comment in
Right side text box.
* Now copy the edited notes comment to
* then do "Update Template".
* goto http://yourproject.mozdev.org/notes.html
and check every thing is OK.
Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
More information about the Project_owners