[Project_owners] Uninstall - file delete

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Fri Oct 3 02:42:28 EDT 2003

Hi!

Pete Collins aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> the code using nsIWindowmediator would cycle through the open windows

This I understand (and have done it before in different contexts).

> looking for all windows w/ a chrome url location reflecting the
> project to be removed.

What attribute of the window I got from nsIWindowMediator shall I test?

I've sniffed somewhat around with Venkman, but couldn't find anything of
particular interest.
If x contains the window reference, x.location doesn't help wrt
addons/overlays. There're many chrome URLs "in" x, but these are all XBL
bindings, not specific references to a certain addon.

> The iteration will close each of those windows. Once all the windows
> are closed, the lock on the myproject.jar file should be released on
> Windows. Hence the uninstall logic, should now be able to delete and
> remove all data related to that project eg: overlay info etc.

And that's clear again...

Karsten