[Project_owners] Status reports (Week of 17 November, 2003)

Matthew A. McGuigan mmcguigan at webnugget.com
Tue Nov 18 18:39:19 EST 2003

Brian King wrote:

> It's that time again, so so if you have anything for me
> about your project please post it.
>
> Currently I have updates for:
> - books
> - mozmanual
> - mozquery
> - searchsidebar
>
> Some things to look out for / requests:
> 1) Please try and post your reports to the list, for archiving
> purposes and to keep everyone informed. I'll pick up on it.
> 2) Please provide a brief 1-sentence description of your project
> 3) Include current release version if applicable
> 4) Provide a URL to your install page
> 5) ...<anything else relevant you can think of>
>
> I'm going to change the format of the reports a little bit to try and
> increase traffic to the projects.
>
> Thanks,

Most recent status for searchsidebar plus answering of requests:

1.  The installer is ready, now anyone can add the Advanced Search
Sidebar to their Firebird installation!

Enjoy:

    * searching through multiple search engines with one query again.
    * sorting the results again.
    * having results conveniently listed in the sidebar again.

Bugs outside of those existing for the Mozilla suite:

    * Single-search is still not parsing results in the sidebar, but
multi-search is.

We are hoping to build interest in keeping Advanced Search alive. Anyone
interested in helping with the project should contact the mailing list.

2.  Bringing advanced searching capability back to life for Firebird users.

3.  Version 0.1

4.  http://downloads.mozdev.org/searchsidebar/searchsidebar.xpi

5.  Julius Ross has joined the project.