[Project_owners] Adding Files with CVS

Arthur Wiebe webmaster at awiebe.com
Tue Nov 18 18:13:07 EST 2003

I've been trying to add a file to the downloads folder. It's not
working, since I'm relatively new to CVS (Been playing with it for less
than a week) I really don't know what's going on.
Here's what I get in Terminal.app

[awiebe:~/macpkg/downloads] artooro% cvs add Mozilla1.6a.pkg.zip
cvs server: scheduling file `Mozilla1.6a.pkg.zip' for addition
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
[awiebe:~/macpkg/downloads] artooro% cvs commit Mozilla1.6a.pkg.zip

CVS:
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Added Files:
CVS:    Mozilla1.6a.pkg.zip
CVS:
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
"/tmp/cvsaRMkQf" 9L, 302C

And that's all that happens. What does it mean? Does the file get added
to the CVS? It doesn't appear on the CVS web interface.

Also I've been trying different things but I can't seem to be able to
remove directories I made but shouldn't have.
Exactly how do you remove an empty directory from the CVS?

Thanks for any help! I couldn't find a sufficient online resource which
actually "worked".
<Arthur/> - Owner of MacPKG, http://macpkg.mozdev.org