[Project_owners] Open unicode files with jslib ?

Erwan Loisant erwanloisant at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Nov 8 01:25:10 EST 2003

Hello.

I am playing with jslib file.js module, and I want to read an UTF8 file.
It contains both Japanese and French, so unicode is mandatory.

When I simply open this text file in Firebird (just entering location in
location bar) it is correctly displayed. However, when I load it using f
= new File(); and read it, Japanese character and French special accents
are broken. It seems like jslib read it as a western europe encoded file.

Is there any way to tell to jslib that the file is in unicode ?

--
Erwan Loisant - Ph.D. student
Tokyo Metro U. / Univ. Nantes