[Project_owners] I'd like more details on how to handle SPAM

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 07:33:19 EDT 2003

I found the methods used by http://gmane.org/ are good.

There my Id

  "Biju G C" <bijumaillist at yahoo.com>

is encripted and written as

 Biju G C <bijumaillist=/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>

So U can reach me by emailing to

  bijumaillist=/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

It will first check ur emailid by sending a mail to you asking for reply.

And it wont reveal my id bijumaillist at yahoo.com to you
But I will get the senders id. So if i wish,
I can communicate back to the sender, and reveal my id,
for further communication.

(If u wish, you may try it with my encrypted id)

Only issue, it will ask only once for a sender.
I wish it should ask a conformation for every mail send to an encrypted id.

U can also see how other ids are encrypted by viewing

nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.fsf.india.fsf-friends

At website they even hide the encrypted email ids see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.kolkata/574/

Another things we should do for newslist is
 * strip HTML mail and make it Text only
 * try spam traps like the one at (see the email signature)
   Id from which email goes to  aaaspam at sourceware.org will be
   considered as a spamer.

Cheers
Biju