[Project_owners] Re: Paypal moneymarket

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 19:58:53 EDT 2003

I want to repeat: DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE STOCK MARKET AT THIS TIME! Its up
and down and you could stand to make a lot of money by riding the ups and downs
of the market but its not a good idea because you shouldn't put anything into
the stock market you aren't willing to lose. For an individual account that you
want to play with a little money for some possible high profits, its fine --
but for an organization such as this it seems way too risky for me. Bonds are
too long-term of an investment, and mutual funds are based off stocks so I'd
recommend money market and CDs (certificates of devaluation). Theoretically,
you could lose money with either, but I've never heard of that happening. The
interests will be modest, and with the low interest rates at this time, it
won't be anything spectacular. Perhaps there is something better, but I'm not
sure.

I saw this article about "Bump up CDs"
http://banking.yahoo.com/20011221a01.html

I don't know how much Mozdev has, but you might want to talk to an investment
consultant to give you some advice. Let him or her know you don't want to take
on much if any risk at this time, and make sure you keep an eye on everything.
i.e. don't let him or her manage your account without you knowing what's going
on -- people get screwed that way.