[Project_owners] new language category

Eelco van Kuik moz-needlesearch at planet.nl
Mon Jul 21 17:08:13 EDT 2003

Hi.

I tested on my machine a form that can handle whatever content-type:
French, Rumanian, Japanese,Chinese or English.

If you want it to work for all languages, the easiest way seems to be
that you just put:

charset="ISO-8859-1">

in the header of your form.

Then PHP seems to recognize non ISO-8859-1 strings and converts them to
the HTML entity characters. No difficult PHP script is necessary at all.

This would be a good way we can all administer each others locale files.
(Chinese to English to etc.)

Maybe a good idea for your
localization/internationalization/translations project? To set up these
translation forms?

When I got a spare minute I'll set an (external, don't worry) mailform
up for the NeedleSearch project, that will use
my php server.

Hope this helps.

Eelco