[Project_owners] recreating project mailing lists

Axel Hecht axel at pike.org
Mon Jul 21 16:35:03 EDT 2003

Pete Collins wrote:
<...>

> On a side note, I hooked in spammassassin mailman filter last night.
>
> Please keep saving all spam you discard in the moderator interface. I
> have sa-learn running on a nightly cron job to learn from the new spam
> bits that get through.

As in, hit the "keep a copy" checkbox?

> Anyone notice any reduction in moderator spma requests?

Actually, I get more requests now. I set up eu to discard
non-subscribers by default, so I just got the dicard notifications.
Those are handled easily.
For spamassasin, I get a moderator notification for each spam that we
receive plus a bounce notification from the moderation reply for those
spammers that use an invalid address. At least I got a few of those.

I didn't find the settings to put up a tougher rule on stuff handled by
spamassasin. I'd prefer to set them up as just discard notifications, or
just discard without notification.

I just found out that I could beef up my bounce criteria a bit, though.
I may do that once things settle.

Axel