[Project_owners] site update

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Mon Jul 7 21:53:37 EDT 2003

> pete is currently working on restoring mailing lists
> and newsgroups.

Well we have a brand spank'n new install of Mozdev and mailman.

So, this is actually a golden opportunity to wipe the slate clean of
past spam defilement.  There are lots and lots of abandoned projects and
lists that have become spam repositories.  So, this is how I think we
should proceed.

- Post to this thread if you want a mailing list for your project so I
have a running record of it.
- Supply the name of your project(s)
- Supply a valid email address so I can make you the admin of your list.
You will own your list.
- Then I will migrate over the existing subcribers and create a fresh
new list for your project.
- Then once that is completed, I will add an alias to apache so we will
have access to the old html mailing list archives.
- Then I will install spam assasin.
- Then news groups and tey to utilize mailmans news gateway.

So please take this opportunity to help Mozdev grow to the next level
and become an even greater, productive and efficient resource to the
community. We've dealt w/ the worst of it so things can only get better
from here.

Thanks

--pete

Pete Collins