[Project_owners] Handling HTML in extensions (Bug in Mozilla and Firebird or am I doing something wrong?)

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sat Dec 27 00:36:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm currently extending one of my extensions with a preferences dialog.
In that dialog I use a description in which I want to use some HTML
formatting. It looks more or less like this:

<description>
     Hello normal
</description>
Now if I display the dialog. It displays the text correctly but it
connects normal and hello to one word. This looks quite ugly :(.
Partial solution to this is to use margin in the style by adding margins
as in the code below

<description>
     Hello normal
italics</html:i>
</description>

but because mozilla still considers normal and hello as one word, word
breaking can be ugly.

On webpages already my first code example works correctly. So this is a
bug in mozilla isn't it??

Anybody knows a solution???

Another thing that doesn't work correctly in Mozilla Firebird 0.7+
(build of 6 Dec) are links.

   <description>
      For info go to
     My Page</html:a>
   </description>

It works fine in mozilla 1.4.1. Known bug??

Happy holidays

Jaap

BTW I'm using the linux versions of Mozilla and Firebird