[Project_owners] How to use install.js to write to all.js file?

Matthew A. McGuigan mmcguigan at webnugget.com
Thu Dec 25 17:58:59 EST 2003

Chris Neale wrote:

>of course you wouldn't need to set that property if you had your own copy of
>search-panel pared down to just that part you want use (presumably the
>advanced section), and you do realise that
>chrome://communicator/content/search/search-panel.xul may be removed from
>Firebird at some point ?

The panel didn't really exist in Phoenix until it became Firebird, so
your point is well taken that it might go away again some day.  I hope
to be at the point someday where the Advanced SearchSidebar isn't
dependent so much on the core already being there.  However, I'm new to
all this and haven't gotten to the point where I can do that.  The
that far) merely by my stumbling around asking questions, finding
answers, reading some documentation and basically getting lucky at
guessing a thing or two.  I'll certainly look at doing what you've
suggested here, as it sounds like the most logical thing to do.  Thanks
everyone, you have been most helpful.

Matthew