[Project_owners] How to use install.js to write to all.js file?

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch.news at beonex.com
Thu Dec 25 18:42:37 EST 2003

Matthew A. McGuigan wrote:

> I'm new to extension writing.  I need to write a string to the all.js
> file and I can't seem to find the Mozilla facility to do this.  The
> XPI API lists writeString as a function

You want to set prefs?
If you want to add your own ones for your extensions, just create a new
file and drop it into default/prefs/.
If you want to change existing prefs  in all.js, use nsIPrefBranch, but
I'm not sure, if you can change the default prefs there. (You may not
even have write access on the OS level.)