[Project_owners] How to use install.js to write to all.js file?

Matthew A. McGuigan mmcguigan at webnugget.com
Thu Dec 25 12:11:23 EST 2003

Hello all,

I'm new to extension writing.  I need to write a string to the all.js
file and I can't seem to find the Mozilla facility to do this.  The XPI
API lists writeString as a function, but the documentation states it is
Windows only.  In addition to that, it appears to be built just for
modifying Windows ini files, not Mozilla js files.  I didn't find a way
of writing to js files in the XPInstall.pdf.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Best regards and happy holidays everyone,

Matthew