[Project_owners] use of 'zilla' in new project names

John Dobbins john at brandxcomputers.com
Fri Dec 5 14:03:51 EST 2003

Last Year Toho, the owner of the "Godzilla" trademark went after the
Davezilla Blog website, I'm not sure what happened after that except for
a lot of bad publicty for Toho and that davezilla.com is still there
though it has a disclaimer that it's not connected with Toho.

Here's a ZD net story about it. They mention that AOL/TW had reached an
agreement with Toho regarding Mozilla and that Toho had lost every case
where they tried to assert trademark rights to anything ending in "zilla"

John Dobbins