[Project_owners] Tech-review Longhorn vs. Mozilla

Mirzmaster mirzmaster at rogers.com
Thu Dec 4 11:01:59 EST 2003

Well, you can't on the one hand say the articles provides good insight
on Mozilla and its upcoming competitor(s), yet on the other hand
criticise the article for comparing Mozilla to Longhorn  :)

I agree that Mozilla and Longhorn are two very different applications
with two very different roles.  Despite that, there are some glaring
similarities.  Developing UIs with XML-based languages is a relatively
new concept and is only now entering the mainstream.  Microsoft's muscle
behind Avalon is evidence enough.  What the article establishes though
is that Avalon is in many ways similar to Mozilla, the pioneer into
XML-based User Interfaces, and imho does acknowledge that Mozilla and
Longhorn are overall two different beasts.

Sohail Mirza