[Project_owners] Status reports (Week of 1 December, 2003)

Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 16:12:26 EST 2003

MSDbar (A bioinformatics toolbar application to search the Worldwide
Protein Data Bank (wwPDB)

Version : 0.5

Home Page: http://msdbar.mozdev.org
Path to Install File: http://msdbar.mozdev.org/installation.html
Contact : Jawahar Swaminathan (http://msdbar.mozdev.org)

MSDbar is a toolbar application for searching the MSD and other
macromolecular structure resources. It is an invaluable resource for
biologists who are interested in 3-dimensional structures of proteins
and nucleic acids.

Version 0.5 has the following features:

1. New toolbar layout
2. Ability to search using MSD, RCSB, PDBj or OCA resources.
3. Choice of RCSB and OCA mirrors for faster searching.
4. Search by Author, Keyword, Ligand, PDB IDcode, Source, Medline and
SwissProt IDs and more.
5. Retrieve EDS summary information for PDB IDcodes.
6. Comprehensive help and instructions on uninstalling MSDbar.

Thanks.

regards,

Jawahar Swaminathan