[Project_owners] Spam targeted at mozilla community?

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Wed Aug 20 21:48:53 EDT 2003

> I have yet to see this new email virus. In fact, I have seen 2 email
> viruses arrive in any inbox of mine, but I never opened them

Well today an abusing IP came from BellSouth ADSL static IP.

   "Microsoft Internet Explorer/4.40.426 (Windows 95)"

    from IP 65.81.32.37 a Bell South address.

Was making thousands of requests to buglist.cgi on Mozdev.

I presume this machine was under a virus attack or hacked.

--pete

--
Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org