[Project_owners] Spam targeted at mozilla community?

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Wed Aug 20 21:25:29 EDT 2003

Robert J. Accettura wrote:
> I got an email today from Word-of-Mouth.org.  SPAM....
>
> The name sounded familiar, so like any geek, I googled... and remembered
> where I heard of it:
> http://lynggaard.blog-city.com/read/169160.htm
>
> I'm starting to think they are using a mozilla commuity website (MozDev
> perhaps) to generate their list?
>
> Anyone else getting one of these?

I don't recall seeing anything from word of mouth, but i do hit the
delete button pretty fast.  ;-)

It's a shame how much time, energy and resources this all eats up. The
net is starting to be held hostage by all this crap.

If a virus reads someones addressbook, well then this type of proagation
will eventually hit everyone even our mailing lists here on Mozdev.

--pete

--
Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org