[Project_owners] CVS commit mails

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Sat Aug 16 03:26:43 EDT 2003

Massimo Soricetti wrote:

> David Fraser wrote:
>> Just wondering if there was a setup to have CVS commits mailed to a
>> list/address on mozdev.org?
>> I use syncmail on other servers and find it very helpful. Would this
>> be apossibility (if it currently isn't)?
> Hello David,
> yes, it would be nice to have a tool to notify
> project advancements to the community.
> I don't know syncmail (and barely CVS...) so
> a tip or two would be welcome :-)
Basically we would need syncmail installed (a simple Python script) by
the mozdev admins.
Then you'd just need to make and commit changes to the loginfo file in
CVSROOT, as follows:
^modulename        syncmail -u %{sVv} cvs-list-address at wherever.org
Then any commits to modulename will automatically be mailed to that address.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvs-syncmail for download

If you just want basic info on commits, it can be done without that...
what syncmail does is to include patches as well.
To do basic info emails:
^modulename        Mail -s %{sVv} cvs-list-address at wherever.org
but I haven't tested this on mozdev... I'd like to know what the
administrators think of it first