[Padma] padma cant automatically transform Anandabazar andBartaman in my machine

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 10:39:15 PST 2009

Hi Jayanta,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:10 AM, jayanta <jayanta at hilandcal.com> wrote:
> But I can see  some of Bengali words is not rendering properly in both webpage.like after "Bengali jutakkhor" and vowel there a small circle.like that া.

It is a known issue. It arises because these sites use multiple
dynamic fonts simultaneously and Padma doesn't merge two
successive text nodes after transforming to Unicode. So in case
a letter or conjunct is in first node where as matra in the second
node then it will show either a circle or matra (specially e-kar)
in wrong place.

You could read more on this issue here...

 http://methopath.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/reading-anandabazar-bartaman-in-linux-mac-and-the-bigger-issue/

> I can see  bn.wikipedia.org page nicely with Bengali font.

Wikipedia is using standard Unicode, no transformation is needed.

Cheers
Golam