[Padma] Malformed Conjuncts

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:18:32 PST 2009

Hi Harshita,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Harshita <harshita at atc.tcs.com> wrote:
>  Currently I am working on milleniumvarunweb font, I am facing a similar
> situation.
>  One more doubt, we are mapping 00A4 to halffm_SA. If the site is using
> 00A4 only in conjunction with half forms such as halffm_WA, making 00A4
> to consonant Va 'll reduce this overhead.
> If they are using 00A4 to write halffm_SA also(some times they might not
> use) we can't avoid writing all the mappings.

I tried it out as you suggested. Indeed, it reduces some of the overhead.
But as you have anticipated, they are also using the same halffm
in combination of "consnt". So it also creates some new conjunct
issues :-(

How are you planning to handle such situation for milleniumvarunweb font?

Also how difficult do you think, is to enhance the current Padma parser
such that it can re-map "halffm_XX + vattu_YY" combination to
"consnt_XX + vattu_YY" on-the-fly?