[Padma] Malformed Conjuncts

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:24:22 PST 2009

Hi Harshita,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Harshita <harshita at atc.tcs.com> wrote:
>> Though, its a bit costly solution :-( It has already cost
>> me 80 lines of code to take care of all such combination
>> in this font alone!
>
> Why is it so??

Because, in this font there are "halffm_SA", "halffm_MA", "halffm_SHA",
"halffm_SSA", "halffm_NA", "halffm_GA"... to make it worst some of these are
defined more than once!

Similarly, there are vattus like  "vattu_BA", "vattu_RA", "vattu_MA",
"vattu_LA",
"vattu_NA",  "vattu_NNA", "vattu_PA",  "vattu_KA" ...and also some of
these are defined several times.

Now, the no of combination (halffm_XX + vattu_YY) =  6X8  = 48.
So to write them in Padma, you need 48 + 48 + 6 = 98 lines.

> One more question Is the glyph at location "00A6" is halfform SA in
> bengali?  Does it have a proper identity in the bengali script??

Yes!

Also, this font has a TTF file.

http://www.aajkaal.net/downloads/DATAN___.TTF

So please check the glyph corresponding to A6. I believe the
glyph is standard in Bengali and widely used.

This issue is also present in all six fonts that I am currently
working on.

Thanks,
Golam