[Padma] Malformed Conjuncts

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 06:32:31 PST 2009

Thanks Harshita,

It worked!

Though, its a bit costly solution :-( It has already cost
me 80 lines of code to take care of all such combination
in this font alone!

I also tried a one-liner solution (simply replacing
"halant + halant" => "halant" after Padma convert).
It worked too. However, Padma seems to push
prefixList entries two steps down in such situation and thus
creating another issue!!

So at present, your solution seems to be the better one.

The fontmap is now almost ready for submission to Padma.
I will watch it for next couple of days to see any omission.

Once this is included, Padma will support three out Big Four
Bengali dailies published from West Bengal.

Thanks,
Golam