[Padma] Malformed Conjuncts

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:22:26 PST 2009

Hi Nagarjuna,

You are right.  Parser indeed correctly deals with prefixList and
half letters, if I declare them as  "Padma.halffm_XX". Earlier I was
writing them as  "Padma.consnt_XX + Padma.halant".

However, the problem remains :-(  Conjuncts are still
not forming for the situation I mentioned. Currently,
I am using "Padma_halffm_XX"  for upper half letters
and "Padma.vattu_YY" for lower half-letters.

For example,

"Padma_halffm_LA + Padma.vattu_PA"  is not forming a
conjunct.

Am I missing something?

Regarding ABP, they are using three fonts simultaneously.
Consequently, they could afford to be over-generous to assign
separate glyphs for each Bengali conjuncts :-)  So I didn't
face this issue earlier.

Thanks,
Golam