[Padma] How to handle proprietary fonts encoded in utf-8

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:18:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:
> Agreed on the lack of standardisation by most so-called web
> developers. However, I don't see how one would get Chinese,
> as no Indian language characters should be mapped there in
> Unicode. Can you point me to any examples?

Unfortunately,  that precisely these sites do.  Here is an example

http://www.amardeshbd.com

They basically assign every Bengali conjunct a separate codepoint
which is in violation of Unicode standard. I may be wrong in saying
whether those characters are exactly Chinese but from the appearance
of the glyphs, it looks similar.

Cheers,
Golam