[Padma] online web editor for indian languages

hariharan ramamurthy haridallas at gmail.com
Sun May 20 07:23:34 PDT 2007

 dear . Mr.krishna mohan,
I take back some of the  comments i made  on indiword  web page about
duplicating efforts.
 congratulations on a good and useful soft ware.
is it possible for you to add reverse transliteration for  any language
I am interested in telugu/hindi/maraTi  reverse transliteration

mangal/arial unicode / potana  /gautami fonts .
i am working on  modifying an english speech recognition engine to work
with  some indian languages .
in this connection i need to convert a large amount of test and word lists
to RIT and inscripts from  the  original script .
 regards

On 5/20/07, Krishna Mohan Gundu <gkmohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Ossi,
>
> I have added support for IAST sanskrit. If I receive more requests for ISO
> standard with other languages, I will add them too.
>
> Although I checked that the inverse transliteration works good. I would
> appreciate if you can confirm it.
>
> cheers,
> Krishna.
>
> On 5/18/07, Ossi Viljakainen <ossi.viljakainen at iki.fi> wrote:
> >
> > Please include IAST/National Library at Calcutta Romanization
> > -transliteration scheme to the supported scripts. This would enable
> > many western students and scholars utilize the tool for
> > transliterating indic texts to be readable by people not mastering
> > indic scripts.
> >
> > Introduction to IAST
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAST
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Library_at_Kolkata_romanization
> >
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stone-catend/trind.htm
> >
> > Transliteration scheme and tables for all indic scripts can be found at:
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stone-catend/trind.ht
> >
> > -Ossi
> >
> > On 5/15/07, Krishna Mohan Gundu <gkmohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It gives me pleasure to announce IndiWord beta version 0.1.0. IndiWord
> > is an
> > > advanced rich text editor for editing Indian language documents on the
> > web.
> > > It boasts of rich set of functionality that very few, if any, Indic
> web
> > > editors can match.
> > >
> > > With IndiWord editor <http://www.indiword.com/> (
> http://www.indiword.com
> > )
> > > you can
> > >
> > >    - Edit Indian language documents using QWERTY keyboard both through
> > >    popular transliteration schemes like ITRANS, RTS and through
> keyboard
> > >    layouts like InScript.
> > >    - Use most of the Indian languages: Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil,
> > >    Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Kannada, Bihari.
> > >    - Perform most of the rich text editing actions: bold, italic,
> > >    underline, text justification, setting background and text color,
> > inserting
> > >    link, creating numbered and bulleted list , the list goes on ...
> > >    - Save documents.
> > >    - Send emails.
> > >     - Convert existing documents written in popular transliteration
> > >    schemes like (ITRANS, RTS, etc) to their native languages.
> > >    - Convert content from one Indian language to another.
> > >    - Backtrack changes made to the document using undo and redo.
> > >
> > > IndiWord works in both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox > 1.0
> > >
> > > Visit our website <http://www.indiword.com/> and share the joy of
> > editing
> > > documents in your favorite languages with your friends and family.
> > > Read the user
> > > guide <http://www.indiword.com/user_guide> for a quick overview.
> Please
> [...]

Dr.Hariharan  Ramamurthy .M.D.
Dallas  VA  Medical  Center TX  USA
4216  barnsley  dr  plano  75093
www.daibetiisu.com
www.eparivartan.com
DAIBETIISU_website
Daibetiisuvidya
Diabetes BLOG
groups.google.com/group/telugulO-DayabeTIsu-vidya/feed/atom_v1_0_topics.xml