[Padma] Fwd: How to manually transform a page by Padma?

Nagarjuna Venna vnagarjuna at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:54:10 PDT 2007

On 5/13/07, V S Rawat <vsrawat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I struggled with padma for a long time due to lack of error (or should I
> say guidance) messages.
>
> anyway. when the page text is really in unicode, why should the error
> message be shown? By checking the code of the character, we can find out
> that it is in unicode code range, hence no error message needs to be
> displayed. But if there is enough text in non unicode range and the
> encoding is unicode, then the message can be displayed.

Sorry if my tone came across as dismissive as I fully understand your
point about how cryptic Padma is. If I were working full time on this,
I would pay a lot more attention to such details. Almost all of the
work on Padma is done in my spare time, so I have focused on
attributes that I think made the software valuable. In my mind these
are making the software robust and adding support for as many fonts as
possible. For the kind of things that you have run into, I think that
as long as the code is solid the community will be able to help you
find the issue (as has happened here).

As always, it is a question of priorities and I think we disagree on
what they should be. I will be glad to accept any code contributions
that can help make Padma less cryptic to the users (among other
things).

Thanks
Nagarjuna