[Padma] Fwd: How to manually transform a page by Padma?

Nagarjuna Venna vnagarjuna at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:47:49 PDT 2007

On 5/12/07, V S Rawat <vsrawat at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I couldn't understand what is the merit of keeping padma
> working only on non-unicode character encoding, and keeping it not
> working on unicode encoding.

Padma converts proprietary formats to Unicode: if the text is Unicode
encoded there is *nothing* to do, it is already Unicode.

There might be value in making the user aware of it - doing that
within the confines of a browser is rather difficult. It has to be
balanced against usage where user selects both unicode and non-unicode
text for transform at the same time. No one wants to see an error
message in the latter case.

Thanks,
Nagarjuna