[Padma] How to manually transform a page by Padma?

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Sat May 12 08:34:35 PDT 2007

The following reply reached directly to me and probably didn't reach the
list, hence quoting the same with my comments inline so that it helps all.

On 5/12/2007 07:52 PM India Time, _Padma_ wrote:

> I suggested the thunderbird solution , NOT to convert the existing
> messages that might not be tagged properly.
>
> If you follow the method,
> Insert html
>
> as I suggested in my previous mail, it should work ...
> If you see the question mark junk, it will not work. If you see the
> normal western junk or the original text (if font is installed), it will
> work.

you are right. I could see the logic. with plain text, padma code is not
able to know what font it is written in.

well, I wrote those html codes its in the plain text font, and tried to
convert and it didn't work.

Then, instead of composing in plain text, I composed in HTML, and
changed the font of those letters itself to Chanakya. As chanakya is
installed in my pc, those become visible in hindi.

Then I saved that mail through sent later, and in unsent messages
folder, tried to transform manually to unicode

It worked. the chankya coded part got transformed to Unicode

Thanks, I could understand how to make it work.

Hope you could incorporate enough error messages and guidelines in
future versions of padam for people like me.

> Regards

thanks.
--
Rawat