[Padma] Padma Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Sat May 12 07:25:52 PDT 2007

On 5/10/2007 07:49 PM India Time, _Nagarjuna Venna_ wrote:

> On 5/10/07, P.S.Lehal <plehal at rimptec.com> wrote:
>> That will need manual intervention which defies the purpose. I think Rawat
>
> Depends on what the purpose is... :-)
>

>> was also trying to do similar thing i.e. using Padma as a standalone
>> converter. I was able to get solution to my problem by using getInnerHTML
>> command. Thanks for the help.
>

> There is a manual transformer at
> http://www.geocities.com/vnagarjuna/padma.html. But it is based on a
> very old code base, so anything but Telugu is unlikely to work. I am
> planning to bring that in sync with the rest of the releases over the
> next few weeks. I will annouce it when it is done.
>
> Thanks,
> Nagarjuna

I am eagerly awaiting the release of a standalone manual converter of padma.

that would help us try the conversion manually so that we could be free
of vast settings of firefox and thunderbird and will be able to quickly
conclude whether it was profile/ settings problems, or whether the
script itself needs to be looked into.
---------

While you are releasing an standalone manual converter, would it be too
much work to develop scripts that transform the unicoded text BACK TO
proprietary fonts (unicode to chanakya, unicode to shusha, so on.)??

I mean people are having different problems. Some have got texts typed
in different fonts during the pre-unicode days, thus if he has, say, 10
pages in chanakya and 2 pages in shusha, he would rather like to convert
those 2 shusha pages to chanakya instead of doing all the way to convert
all 12 pages to unicode. thus we can transform 2 shusha pages to unicode
and then can transform from unicode to chanakya to give him all 12 pages
in chanakya. people find using one whatever font more convenient,
compared to using using unicode font.

I mean, when the charater map between all these fonts and unicode is
ready, will you please consider developing the manual transform code
back from unicode to those fonts?

Thanks a ton.
--
Rawat