[Padma] Bengali support

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:57:03 EDT 2006

Hi Nagarjuna,

On 9/14/06, Nagarjuna Venna <vnagarjuna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Send me the files, I will checkin everything over the weekend.

Any update? :-)

Meanwhile, I am almost done with the font mapping for ABP.

However, I am facing a problem while dealing with ABP. It seems
ABP sometime uses three different fonts even to construct a single word.
The first font provides all alphabets, some conjuncts and the
second, third provide mainly conjuncts. This leads to matra
for conjuncts getting completely screwed up as conjuncts come from
second, third and matras come from the first font.
It seems to me,  this is happening because of the presence of
matras from the letter.

Does Padma already have some routine for handling situation like this?
I think, somehow we need to put the contents of second and third fonts
into the first font. BTW, I dont know much javascript. So it would be
really helpful to get feedback from you.

Cheers,
Golam