[Padma] Bengali support

Golam Mortuza Hossain gmhossain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:05:30 EDT 2006

Hi Nagarjuna,

Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile, I could get it work through
an ugly hack, by replacing Devanagari codepoint by Bengali and
replacing "face" in one of the existing font :-) I just wanted
to get it working for Anandabazar Patrika. The font mapping is
mostly done for it. The mapping was already available from
Tanmoy's "aabpbengali.pm" Perl module.

Its working fine in my machine. Though there are few issues
yet to be handled! I will try to do that during this weekend.

So can you please make a directory "encodings/Bengali"
and put a entry in "User Preference" for Bengali. Since you
know Padma better than me I think it will be much easier for
you to do so. I will send you "Bengali.js" and first font
"Aabpbengali.js" .

Thanks,
Golam