[Padma] Understanding how Padma functions, and reusing code

Nagarjuna Venna vnagarjuna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:58:40 PST 2006

Gora,

I'm a little bit concerned about porting Padma code to many languages
- there is currently an effort underway to port Padma to Python so
that it can be used in the backend. It will be a problem keeping
multiple versions in sync. If you want to build a C front end, I would
urge you to look at engines like SpiderMonkey or Rhino.

As for adding support for a new font, the only documentation we have
so far is the mail I sent to Karunakar earlier. Many people on this
list are familiar with the process (Saravan, Anvar, Golam, Cibu etc.),
so if you have questions it is likely to be answered pretty quickly
here.

We don't have support for Oriya in Padma yet. If you want to work on a
font, I will add the preliminary support and send the XPI to you.

Thanks,
nagarjuna