[Padma] MANTHAN-AIF AWARD 2006 FOR BEST E-CONTENT & CREATIVITY

Manthan Award manthanaward at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:28:11 EDT 2006

*MANTHAN-AIF AWARD 2006 FOR BEST E-CONTENT & CREATIVITY*

www.manthanaward.com

Last Date for Nomination: May 15, 2006

*Dear Colleagues*

I feel immensely pleased in making "Manthan-AIF Award 2006 for Best
e-Content Practices" public.

Manthan-AIF Award 2006 (www.manthanaward.com) is now open for nominations.

As many of you are aware by now and after going through the details of
2005 Manthan Awardees at www.manthanaward.com, you must have come to
know that many awardees have gone international, and received wide
spread recognition through various platforms like the World Summit
Award (WSA), World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) and
thereby affected a multiplier impact in the process. My sincere
acknowledgement goes to the media fraternity in carrying forward the
names of the Manthan Awardees and their diligent works across the
length and breadth of the country and the world.

What is delightful about Manthan-AIF Award 2006 is less about
technology and more about its usage for final delivery.

What matters is what you deliver, what you offer, how you impact, and
what's the take-away for the masses.

We have also few more categories for nomination and final selection in
its existing categories as mentioned below.

It is important to stress here that when we launched Manthan-AIF for
Best e-Content Practices in India, what we meant by e-Content is it
includes everything from good content, to good services, delivery of
important and crucial messages for the masses using information
communication technology (ICT).

In addition, there will be a full day deliberation on "e-Content &
Sustainability" involving the media, experts, and best practitioners
of e-content vis-à-vis the Manthan-AIF Award 2006 winners.

Manthan is open for nominations for all who are into meaningful
content creation for empowering the common man, either directly or
indirectly. As such it encourages nominations across all media such as
radio, TV, Internet, web, CD, DVD, information kiosks, mobile, mobile
vans, telephone, wireless, WAP, FM, Satellite, community radio. One
important criterion is that these mediums should be used to make
effective final delivery of goods and services at the community level.

Following is the list of Manthan-AIF Award categories for nomination
and selection with the added categories:

*MAIN CATEGORIES***

* *

E-Learning

E-Business

E-Culture

E-Entertainment

E-Science

E-Inclusion & Livelihood

E-Localisation

E-Youth

E-Education

E-Health

E-Environment

E-Governance

E-News

*SPECIAL CATEGORIES***

Mobile-Content

eMerging State of India

The details of each of these categories are available at
www.ManthanAward.com. The online nomination form is equally available
in the same website. One can download the form and send his/her
nomination through email attachment.

On behalf of Manthan, I wish you all the best in this endeavour and I
hope one among you get selected for the manthan-AIF Award 2006 for
your pioneering and meaningful venture.

*Thanking you*

*Osama Manzar*

Chairman

The Manthan-AIF Award 2006

osamam at gmail.com

manthanaward at gmail.com

defindia at gmail.com

*SUPPORTED BY:*

·         American India Foundation (Principal Sponsor)

·         Uttaranchal Government (Co-Sponsor)

·         Hole-in-the-Wall Education Limited (Category Sponsor)

·         eGovWorld.in (Category Sponsor)

·         MetaLearn India (Category Sponsor)

·         SRISTI(Co-sponsor)

·         DEF (Organiser)

·         World Summit Award (International Partner)

·         Dataquest (ICT Media Partner)

·         Brand Reporter & agencyfaqs! (Media Outreach Partner)

·         TFTP & IRAM & IT VIdya (Outreach Partner)

·         Inomy Media (Technology Partner)

·         ICONGO (Encouraged by)