[Padma] help

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:18:41 EDT 2006

On 7/23/2006 9:59 PM India Time, _Nagarjuna Venna_ wrote:

> On 7/23/06, V S Rawat <vsrawat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/23/2006 11:36 AM India Time, _suyash manjul_ wrote:
>>
>>>   I want to know how to use PADMA .My website is www.kathachitra.com
>>> <http://www.kathachitra.com> a hindi website and the text has some
>>> problem i want to make it as www.abhivyakti-hindi.org
>>> <http://www.abhivyakti-hindi.org> .
>>>
>> I visited your site.
>>
>> It is in some proprietary font, and I could not find any link to
>> download the font on your page.
>>
>> I checked the source code and found that it is in DevLys 010. Downloaded
>> and installed that, even then the site is not getting displayed. The
>> font MFDEV010.ttf that I got got installed as Kruti Dev 010, but it is
>> not working.
>>
>> Please share with us how to view your site, which is the font and where
>> to get it from.
>>

> I believe it's an EOT font. It is IE specific.
>
> Thanks,
> nagarjuna

No Nagarjuna ji,

seeing your mail, I copied the content of indecipherable part from his
website into a word file. It was not appearing properly, but as soon as
I changed the font to Kruti Dev 010, it appeared in perfectly flawless
hindi.

It is not EOT font, nor ie specific. If he changes "DevLys 010" to
"Kruti Dev 010" in his html files, it will start appearing properly if
that font is installed.

Anyway. That is a different issue then using Padma for his site. I don't
know whether Padma has kruti dev conversions incorporated.

I can help the website in developing krutidev010 to unicode conversion
map or even entire conversion program.

If webmaster of that site can send me all hindi pages of his site, I can
convert it to unicode using my program. But all formating will be gone
and he would have to cut paste the unicoded things again in his html pages.

or I can send my perl program to the webmaster and he can run it on his
files himself as per the instruction.

And, the conversion map that I am going to develop can be incorporated
in Padma for other sites.

All free of cost. I love doing it.

please drop me a line, how you want it.

--