[Padma] Feature request: Bengali sites

Nagarjuna Venna vnagarjuna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:56:47 EST 2005

Mayuresh is right. I don't know much about PFR and I don't know the
logistics involved in trying to transform it. One approach is brute
force - don't care about PFR but just look at what is rendered and see
what is the underlying character code. This will be quite a bit of
work as it is error prone and some one who can read Bengali script
will be better at doing this. As we know from experience (with Telugu
and Devanagari), the amount of reverse engineering that needs to be
done may be quite large.

The other thing we can do is try to work on some other Bengali site
first that uses TTF instead of PFR. That might give us some idea of
how much work it is to do Ananda Bazar. If it is like Tamil or
Malayalam, then we might be lucky.

Thanks,
nagarjuna