[Padma] On Linux??

Krishna Mohan Gundu gkmohan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:16:40 EST 2005

Hi Srikanth,

I get the feeling that
1) You do not have an indic-enabled firefox (many standard rpms do not
support indic, the ones I know that work are the firefox rpms from
FC3/FC4). If that's true firefox rejects installing extension padma
2) You do not understand how padma works

The following might solve the problems
1) Get indic-enabled firefox at
http://telugu.sarovar.org/wiki/index.php/Browser then install
extension padma from http://padma.mozdev.org/installation.html.
Restart firefox.
2) Padma automatically translates recognized websites to unicode. So
you need to install a unicode font, read more at
http://telugu.sarovar.org/wiki/index.php/Fonts. You "do not" have to
install proprietery fonts from the respective websites. If padma works
for eenadu it should work for others too (that is if you have the
latest). So I suspect you are installing fonts from individual
websites.

Note though, the above link provides indic enabled firefox1.0.4. If
you really need 1.0.7 I can provide you my compilation. I am busy for
the next couple of days, though. Hope that helps

regards,
Krishna Mohan.