[Locallink] Please update this to run under Foxfire 1.5

Volker Kleinschmidt vkleinschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:57:10 EST 2006

Thanks for your response, and for your willingness to work on this.
I very much understand the pressures of work and family - I am working
80 hour weeks these days, and hardly see my family anymore. I just
wanted to point out that there are many users relying on this
extension, and that it is a significant factor in making Firefox a
viable browser choice. I find it mindboggling that some Mozilla
developers still have the attitude that they're making the browser
work in the way they feel it should work, without much regard for what
the users actually need and want. But that's a different topic...

I unfortunately don't know much about Mozilla extension development,
or the behind-the-scenes differences of the various versions. I
personally think that the full suite is pretty much falling by the
wayside as a client choice, for various reasons such as size,
interface clutter, media hype, name, and the general feeling that you
can get where you need to be more quickly and easily with Firefox and
Thunderbird. I still like Mozilla for some extra customizability, and
of course some users rely on the editor, but it's not ever going to be
a dominant browser. That's also why our company officially supports
Firefox and Netscape, but not Mozilla (though of course they have
mostly the same issues). So I think supporting Mozilla isn't really
that important, it's more a would-be-nice, if it's easy to do in the
same step as updating the tool for Fx 1.5. Oh, and Fx 2.0 is looming
:)

--Volker

--
Volker Kleinschmidt