[Livehttpheaders] Livehttpheaders: feedback from Si

notes at mozdev.org notes at mozdev.org
Thu Apr 28 14:04:34 EDT 2005

http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/suggestions.html#c272

I am writing a Python script that replays the dump file using httplib (fixing up the cookies from the first run as it finds them changed in the second run), because replaying through Mozilla is not so convenient for GUI scraping.  It's all working, but would have been *much* easier if for POST operations there was a newline (\r\n) between the headers in the request and the request data, also a newline after the request data, before the HTTP response.

It wouldn't be as robust as an XML representation, but it would make a big difference for simple form scraping , like I'm doing.  I hope you'll consider it for the next version - I tried to figure out how to add it myself, but I got lost in the Jar file - sorry.. :-(.

cheers,

-Si.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040906