[LibX] LibX for Chrome

Klein, Stephen SKlein at gc.cuny.edu
Wed Oct 10 12:43:55 PDT 2012


I added this direct link to the store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/libx-for-google-chrome-tm/ffkfoaiikoedjcjlpnnaidojhfchiafk/related

and it appears to work.

But is it preferable that we not use:

http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=vt


	
-----Original Message-----
From: libx-bounces at mozdev.org [mailto:libx-bounces at mozdev.org] On Behalf Of libx-request at mozdev.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:00 PM
To: libx at mozdev.org
Subject: Libx Digest, Vol 74, Issue 3

Send Libx mailing list submissions to
	libx at mozdev.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/libx
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	libx-request at mozdev.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
	libx-owner at mozdev.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Libx digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: LexisNexis search LibX (Godmar Back)
   2. Re: LibX for Chrome update (Godmar Back)
   3. Re: LibX for Chrome update (Godmar Back)
   4. Re: LibX for Chrome update (Lin, Victoria)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:11:10 -0400
From: Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com>
To: "Chang, Sheau-Hwang" <schang at bridgew.edu>
Cc: "libx at mozdev.org" <libx at mozdev.org>
Subject: Re: [LibX] LexisNexis search LibX
Message-ID:
	<CAB4+JYJUkMAubna+WHu_vxajht6KMdK9jD8ckub0SrB1mQZymw at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/lnacademic/?verb=sr&csi=8399&stp=fr&sr=%Y

should work.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Chang, Sheau-Hwang <schang at bridgew.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am sending this message one more time because system delivery failed for some reason.  Please help if you can.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sheau-Hwang
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chang, Sheau-Hwang
> Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 3:24 PM
> To: Libx at mozdev.org
> Subject: LexisNexis search LibX
>
> Hello,
>
> LexisNexis has recently released a widget to search its database. See http://wiki.lexisnexis.com/academic/index.php?title=Portable_Search_Widgets.  Below is the core of the form:
>
> ----
>
> <form action='http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/lnacademic/?' 
> method='get'> <font face="Calibri"> <b>Search News on LexisNexis 
> Academic</b></font><br> <input type='hidden' name='verb' value='sr'> 
> <input type='hidden' name='csi' value='8399'> <input type='hidden' 
> name='stp' value='fr'> <input name='sr' value=' ' size='50'> <input 
> type='submit' value='Search'> </form>
>
> ---
>
> I am trying to create a search in my library's edition for LexisNexis.  But, I do not know how to replace the second 'sr' input with LibX's %Y.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sheau-Hwang
> Maxwell Library
> schang at bridgew.edu
>
> _______________________________________________
> Libx mailing list
> Libx at mozdev.org
> https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/libx


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:20:54 -0400
From: Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com>
To: libx at mozdev.org
Subject: Re: [LibX] LibX for Chrome update
Message-ID:
	<CAB4+JYKs84Vk6CL2Ueq5aiLsjc9TYaLBg3zi3owwx5O4fBsyzg at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Update:  Inline installation and activation of an edition seems to work, too!

Take note: please place this link for Chrome on your website:

http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=vt

where 'vt' needs to be replaced with your edition id.  This will lead users to a page where LibX can be installed.  Post installation, we provide a link back to your site.
It is, unfortunately, not possible to embed the direct link in your site (the Google Chrome store policy forbids so-called inline installations on more than one site).

Please do not link to libx.org/releases/

That said, I think the user experience with this method should be good.

Any feedback/testing is welcome.

 - Godmar

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We've figured out most of the technical issues that prevented us from 
> getting into the webstore.
> We have a first version of LibX 2.0 in it:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/libx-for-google-chrome-tm/ff
> kfoaiikoedjcjlpnnaidojhfchiafk
>
> Before you send everyone there, there's a few things to be figured out.
> First, we need to figure out how if/how it's possible for you to embed 
> the LibX download into your edition homepages, which many of you have.  
> Second, we need to figure out if the auto-activation of your edition 
> is still possible and how.  Third, the new autoedition feature (based 
> on sensing the IP address) currently does not work in the version 
> uploaded to the store; we're working on fixing this right now. Once 
> these issues are figured out, we'll revector the update path so that 
> existing users of LibX 2.0 will receive their next update from the 
> webstore (and all future updates); currently, updates are still served from libx.org.
>
> We're now looking to get on addons.mozilla.org as well.
>
>  - Godmar
>


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:15:41 -0400
From: Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com>
To: "Lin, Victoria" <victoria_lin at harvard.edu>
Cc: "libx at mozdev.org" <libx at mozdev.org>
Subject: Re: [LibX] LibX for Chrome update
Message-ID:
	<CAB4+JYLYczniYk2usNHKh1MMLdZihGCx_R+0cdZSQz383a6GDg at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Yes, you can post as many links as you like.

 - Godmar

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Lin, Victoria <victoria_lin at harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi Godmar,
> I did a quick testing, everything is working. Thanks for fixing this, our users will be very happy to have it back.
>
> I am not very clear about how to distribute them to our users, we have two libx editions, can we post the two links on our library web site, so that people can click on one of them to install?
>
> http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=harvard
> http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=E250AAF1
>
> thanks,
>
> Victoria Lin
> Harvard University Information Technology Library Technology Services
> 90 Mt. Auburn St
> Cambridge, MA 02138
> Tel: 617-495-3724
> email: victoria_lin at harvard.edu
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: libx-bounces at mozdev.org [mailto:libx-bounces at mozdev.org] On Behalf Of Godmar Back
> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:21 PM
> To: libx at mozdev.org
> Subject: Re: [LibX] LibX for Chrome update
>
> Update:  Inline installation and activation of an edition seems to work, too!
>
> Take note: please place this link for Chrome on your website:
>
> http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=vt
>
> where 'vt' needs to be replaced with your edition id.  This will lead users to a page where LibX can be installed.  Post installation, we provide a link back to your site.
> It is, unfortunately, not possible to embed the direct link in your site (the Google Chrome store policy forbids so-called inline installations on more than one site).
>
> Please do not link to libx.org/releases/
>
> That said, I think the user experience with this method should be good.
>
> Any feedback/testing is welcome.
>
>  - Godmar
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We've figured out most of the technical issues that prevented us from
>> getting into the webstore.
>> We have a first version of LibX 2.0 in it:
>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/libx-for-google-chrome-tm/ff
>> kfoaiikoedjcjlpnnaidojhfchiafk
>>
>> Before you send everyone there, there's a few things to be figured out.
>> First, we need to figure out how if/how it's possible for you to embed
>> the LibX download into your edition homepages, which many of you have.
>> Second, we need to figure out if the auto-activation of your edition
>> is still possible and how.  Third, the new autoedition feature (based
>> on sensing the IP address) currently does not work in the version
>> uploaded to the store; we're working on fixing this right now. Once
>> these issues are figured out, we'll revector the update path so that
>> existing users of LibX 2.0 will receive their next update from the
>> webstore (and all future updates); currently, updates are still served from libx.org.
>>
>> We're now looking to get on addons.mozilla.org as well.
>>
>>  - Godmar
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Libx mailing list
> Libx at mozdev.org
> https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/libx


------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:06:39 +0000
From: "Lin, Victoria" <victoria_lin at harvard.edu>
To: Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com>, "libx at mozdev.org"
	<libx at mozdev.org>
Subject: Re: [LibX] LibX for Chrome update
Message-ID:
	<59DBBE8B29B42A44A5CF6D09EE9D951712A138CE at ENTWEXMB0000003.university.harvard.edu>
	
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi Godmar,
I did a quick testing, everything is working. Thanks for fixing this, our users will be very happy to have it back.

I am not very clear about how to distribute them to our users, we have two libx editions, can we post the two links on our library web site, so that people can click on one of them to install?

http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=harvard
http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=E250AAF1

thanks,

Victoria Lin
Harvard University Information Technology
Library Technology Services
90 Mt. Auburn St
Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 617-495-3724
email: victoria_lin at harvard.edu


-----Original Message-----
From: libx-bounces at mozdev.org [mailto:libx-bounces at mozdev.org] On Behalf Of Godmar Back
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:21 PM
To: libx at mozdev.org
Subject: Re: [LibX] LibX for Chrome update

Update:  Inline installation and activation of an edition seems to work, too!

Take note: please place this link for Chrome on your website:

http://libx.org/releases/gc/install.php?edition=vt

where 'vt' needs to be replaced with your edition id.  This will lead users to a page where LibX can be installed.  Post installation, we provide a link back to your site.
It is, unfortunately, not possible to embed the direct link in your site (the Google Chrome store policy forbids so-called inline installations on more than one site).

Please do not link to libx.org/releases/

That said, I think the user experience with this method should be good.

Any feedback/testing is welcome.

 - Godmar

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We've figured out most of the technical issues that prevented us from 
> getting into the webstore.
> We have a first version of LibX 2.0 in it:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/libx-for-google-chrome-tm/ff
> kfoaiikoedjcjlpnnaidojhfchiafk
>
> Before you send everyone there, there's a few things to be figured out.
> First, we need to figure out how if/how it's possible for you to embed 
> the LibX download into your edition homepages, which many of you have.  
> Second, we need to figure out if the auto-activation of your edition 
> is still possible and how.  Third, the new autoedition feature (based 
> on sensing the IP address) currently does not work in the version 
> uploaded to the store; we're working on fixing this right now. Once 
> these issues are figured out, we'll revector the update path so that 
> existing users of LibX 2.0 will receive their next update from the 
> webstore (and all future updates); currently, updates are still served from libx.org.
>
> We're now looking to get on addons.mozilla.org as well.
>
>  - Godmar
>
_______________________________________________
Libx mailing list
Libx at mozdev.org
https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/libx


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Libx mailing list
Libx at mozdev.org
https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/libx


End of Libx Digest, Vol 74, Issue 3
***********************************


More information about the Libx mailing list