[LibX] About LibX 2.0

Chang, Sheau-Hwang schang at bridgew.edu
Thu May 10 07:56:29 PDT 2012

Hello,

I finally got time to take a close look at the 2.0 platform.  But, I am hesitating to upgrade my current toolbar to 2.0.  I did give LibX's 2.0 a try.  It seems the cues are now missing from both platforms (1.5 & 2.0).  Is there any possibility to bring them back?  I did read that Google broke the link resulting in the disappearance of OpenURL resolver icon display.  I am wondering if you know that these cues are very important to our users.  They function like  a lighthouse that can alert or remind our users to check the library's holdings first.   But they are not showing up now.  So, the excitement for using this toolbar seems diminished.  If it possible, please do bring these features back.  The 2.0 platform moves the toolbar to a very unnoticeable corner.   I am just afraid our users may forget its existence over time.  I like the look of the old version better because it is so prominently position on the top of the browser.  Hope you will continue to maintain it.

My two cents!

Sheau-Hwang