[LibX] is there libX for mobile devices?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:08:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Jonathan Rochkind <jonathan at dnil.net> wrote:

> In general, is there any documentation of LibX, what it does, what it's
> options are, etc.?  I've been having trouble finding any for 2.0.

Well, we're creating, piece by piece at libx.org and developers.libx.org

We're trying to include as much as possible into the code and scripts,
too.  For instance, the new libapp model is visible here:
http://libx.org/libx2/libappdisplay/ (and the click through the
nodes).

Re: your question: the above URL allows embedding of the new search
interface (which shows as a popup in Chrome/Firefox) as an iframe into
a web page.  The special part about it is that it uses 100% of the
same code as the browser extension versions - which means it's ideal
for testing that a configuration works. It does not embed the search
boxes into a page, it actually loads the LibX configuration from the
client. Right now, only iframe is supported since the code requires
its own window.

The cue framework could similarly be supported as a bookmarklet; we
haven't done that yet, but it's very much possible (given that the
vast majority of the LibX code now runs client-side and internally, we
have restructured the code to factor out all browser-specific parts.
So we have now 3 environments: Chrome, Firefox, and "Client-Side
Sandbox".) Basically, in Chrome, our Libapps run as content scripts -
this entire piece of JS code could be uglified and turned into a
bookmarklet.