[LibX] IE download links down?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:38:25 PDT 2012

When I migrated to a new server, I didn't set up the old LibX 1.5 build to
still build IE versions. So you have an IE version for your revision 12
at   http://libx.org/editions/72/BD/72BD708F.12/libx-72BD708F.exe  which
still exists, but your revision 13 exists only for FF.

Well - we support Chrome & FF in LibX 2.0. Maintaining 1.5 and 2.0 taxes
our already limited resources. LibX IE 1.5 was last successfully tested
with IE 7, I believe. We don't have a clear picture of how many active IE
users there are (who run versions of IE this old - keeping in mind that
Microsoft needs you to aggressively update in order to not be vulnerable.)

I'm really unsure here.  I'd rather have users use Chrome or FF, and once
Microsoft figures out how to properly build extension models into browsers
(which may happen in the next few years), build LibX 2.0 for IE.

 - Godmar