[LibX] Help to Translate

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:49:53 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Zeki Celikbas <celikbas at itu.edu.tr> wrote:

> **
> Hi Denise,
>
> I've used babelzilla (http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php) to translate
> libx to Turkish and some other languages. When you enter libx package to
> babelzilla I think it will find necessary string to translate and will
> provide you suitable form to translate.
>
> Another modern localization system is transifex (
> https://www.transifex.net/start/) you can give a try to this system also.
>
> Regards
>
> Zeki Celikbas

I haven't used any of these systems, so I can't comment on how you might be
able to localize LibX.

Generally, the problem we've been facing is that each browser vendor uses
their own localization system. Chrome's is different from Firefox's (and
Microsoft IE is different altogether.)

That's why in LibX 2.0 we created our own localization system, modeled
after Chrome's. This means we follow Chrome's conventions, as is evidenced
by the format of messages.json, but our Firefox version will read and use
the same file (rather than Firefox's system.)

To contribute translations, you need to send us a UTF-8 encoded
messages.json file which we'll include in the Chrome/Firefox builds.  As we
add features, translations may become temporarily out-of-date; the
translator can use the above web-site to see what's missing. For instance,
the Japanese translation could use updating:
http://libx.org/libx2/libx2-git/src/base/translate.php?locale=ja