[LibX] Missing cues

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:18:49 PST 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Aaron Tay <aarontay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, I had the same problem with missing cues on google scholar upon
> upgrading to 2.0 and thought it was just me.
>
> I am also having problems with cues not appearing on google results
> page (1.5 and 2.0) and

Correct - Google cues have been broken since Google switched to their more
complex search page (with instant preview, etc. etc.) and/or multiple
forms, depending on whether you're signed in or not, etc.

> I am wondering for 2.0 there is an amazon
> availability app is that currently working or am I misunderstanding
> how it works?

Yes, but it requires that your catalog provide a search and an availability
API. Summon has one, incidentally, which we're using in the 'vt' edition.
Activate this edition and visit Amazon to see it, e.g.
http://www.amazon.com/Representations-Integers-as-Sums-Squares/dp/0387961267

[image: Inline image 1]

If you use Summon, you can set this up for your edition, too.  See
http://libx.lib.vt.edu/services/summon/  for how.

> On another note Is there a standard Libx 2.0 edition that I can
> compare with so I know if that edition is having issues it's not just
> my misconfiguration of my edition (national university of Singapore)

'vt' is probably the edition we most often look at.

Just to be clear, in LibX 2.0 all code is shared, what's different between
editions is the configuration (config.xml) and, in the future, which
packages an edition is subscribed to (right now, everybody is subscribed to
the 'core' package only.)