[LibX] libX 2.0 missing button to link resolover on Google Scholar search results page

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:21:51 PST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Campbell, James (jmc) <jmc at virginia.edu>wrote:

>  Speaking of Google Scholar, where do things stand with the magic button?
> Will that be available eventually?  Maybe I’m choosing the wrong stuff, but
> at this point dragging a citation to the LibX button just does a Google
> Scholar search and doesn’t take the user on to  the local resolver.****
>
> ** **
>
> We have users who use LibX only because they love the magic button.****
>
> **

that's good to know. We're a bit in the dark about who uses which feature
and so we don't always know where to direct our development efforts.

I'll see if I can update the scholar scraping code.

On a related note, Rupen is currently integrating Google analytics into
LibX. This way we'll know how often each feature is being used (users can
opt out of course).