[LibX] New google scholar

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:49:40 PDT 2012

a) Google Scholar - doesn't display the OpenURL metadata inside the URL
anymore. Instead, displays link with Google internal coding.  One of them
links to a service that returned the OpenURL via a 302. For instance,

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=info:odSh4BM2cHEJ:scholar.google.com/&output=instlink&hl=en&as_sdt=0,47&scillfp=13140612885923907752

refers to a 302 to

http://su8bj7jh4j.scholar.serialssolutions.com/?sid=google&auinit=A&aulast=Einstein&atitle=Can+quantum-mechanical+description+of+physical+reality+be+considered+complete%3F&id=doi:10.1103/PhysRev.47.777&title=Physical+review&volume=47&issue=10&date=1935&spage=777&issn=1063-651X

Should LibX retrieve that URL and put a cue there?  We may need to revisit
the use cases here.

In the old days, it was such that Scholar would display OpenURLs only for
opt-in libraries. We hijacked the OpenURL content and linked to the LibX
edition.

Now, they seem to display the 'Get via your OpenURL resolver' link (via
above indirection mechanism) as well as the 'Library Search' link to
OpenURL.

What is our use case now?  Is the OpenURL extraction still important?

b) Pubmed Autolinking - should work now, with the new LibX core feed I've
just published. For instance, it should work here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22685634

This is with the latest feed at http://libx.org/libx2/libapps/ - visible
here:
http://libx.org/libx2/libx2-git/src/libappdisplay/?pkg=http://libx.org/libx2/libapps/libxcore